The Milwaukee Archdiocesan program, “Safeguarding All God’s Family,” provides training and education to make us more aware of the problem of sexual abuse and how we can help to keep our children safe. The program is mandatory for all staff members and volunteers who have regular contact with children. It focuses on the signs of sexual abuse among the children with whom we have contact in our neighborhoods and schools, and the signals given off by those who would abuse. Information also is provided for reporting suspected cases of abuse.
In order to be COMPLIANT and thus allowed to work with children, each person must do the following:
- Sign up for an account — We use the CMG Safeguarding Portal (SP) at https://milwaukee.cmgconnect.org/. When signing up for an account, be sure to pick St. Sebastian – Milwaukee as your primary site.
- Attend Live Session – On the left side of the dashboard, click on “MY TRAINING”. You need to complete “#1. Initial Live Training Only” which will guide you to sign up for All God’s Family training which involves a 2 1/2 to 3-hour session conducted by trained facilitators. If you have already taken a live session, you will need to pick “#2. 5 Year Background Check Renewal”.
- Agree to a Criminal Background Check – Please complete the authorization on the SP for your background check. Once you have attended your live session, the portal will push through your background check.
We are grateful for your cooperation and commitment to assure a safe environment for our children. It is our hope that the training and safeguards that have been adopted for their protection will prove to be successful and stimulate continued active vigilance on their behalf. They depend on us for their well-being.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the above, please feel free to contact:
- Joann Perleberg – 414-453-1061 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kathleen Immen – 414-453-5830 or email@example.com